Bugs, Bugs, Bugs Everywhere...
This is a list of the known bugs, problems and missing features of Duple. We are working very hard to fix them. If you find more please let us know.
When shutting down the computer without stopping Duple, the app doesn't start again at the next start.
- Duple doesn't start if the Duple folder is deleted.
DupleCLI gets a SEGFAULT with some Linux (like Fedora 29).
- On macOS, when connecting/creating a cloud, an error 2213002 or 2545002 may appear. Start again the connecting/creating process until the error disapears.
- If Duple goes offline while synching, the tray icon stays in sync.
Lack of Features
- There is no update mechanism yet, you will have to download the app again if you want a new release.
- The app backs up each version of files (even deleted ones) in the private cloud. However the interface to restore them (deleted or old file version) is not available yet. When it will be, you will be able to restore everything since you started using the app, not just since the restore functionality is made available.
- The technology has been designed to preserve the lifespan of the storage. It will only query it to check for updates when the app starts. After that, the technology checks for updates when forced with
Right Click -> Synchronize, when a modification has been made locally (synchronizing local data) or if a device sends over the P2P network that an update is available. However the P2P network interconnecting the devices is not available yet. If you want to download updates regularly you can set a crontab with
duplecli --updateevery X min depending on your needs. Querying regularly your storage prevents it from going into sleep mode, and reduce its lifespan. Use it carefully, or wait for the P2P network functionality.
- Windows doesn't have file notification yet, to syncrhonize your Duple folder use
Right Click -> Synchronize. Also every hour the Duple folder is scanned for modified files and synched.
- The maximum speed of the technology is around 40 MB/s (you can test it using a local usb storage), however by using the SFTP connection mode the speed drops down to 1-2 MB/s due to some problems with the network stack. This will be optimized later.
You can report new bugs at email@example.com.